Saturday, 22 March 2014

juniper (again)

Last summer Henna and I were spending some quality time far away from the city, and I wanted to practice modelling. So, we climbed up a side of a big hill to a huge rock wall (which you actually can't see in the photos but I swear it was huge).
Henna hadn't held a camera for a while and I didn't really know what to do so I guess in other circumstances it could have been more educating. As the time I've spent on that side of the camera is rather limited, this ended up being quite an important experience anyway.

I want to learn to model for two reasons: first of all, I want to be able to guide the models better and I think knowing their perspective helps with that, and secondly, when I want to photograph and don't have a model, I want to be able to use myself.
I often wish I could be both the photographer and the model at the same time, see how my movement looks in the camera just then. It would be super cool.


I've heard that a model in a comfortable position only gives you a comfortable photo, which would be the opposite of interesting. I felt very uncomfortable climbing under that juniper, but I'm pretty sure that that fact alone is not why I like these. And it's not even the long hair: even when looking at these, I can honestly say that I have absolutely no regrets.




Photographs by Henna

No comments:

Post a Comment