Friday, 3 January 2014

you there, in the dark

 First of all: happy new year celebration of Sherlock's return! Secondly, for those of you who read Finnish: Kurkkaa sunnuntain Kalevan Patteri-sivu! Sieltä löytyy tuttuja kuvia ja nimiä! Julkaisen linkin artikkelin nettiversioon, kunhan se ilmestyy.
 
--
 
Are there things we point the light at but refuse or do not want to see? Or is there someone who covers our eyes so that we do not even know there is something to see?
 
Darkness may seemingly provide safety to some of us.

 

With these super dramatic words I dare to ask a question: what to do when it is cold, wet and dark outside?
Stay in and play with candles, of course.

I like the fact that the seasons change, and I very much love the darkness that comes with winter. Light is nice but during summer I every year begin to miss the dark nights; the stars and the candles and all that. The darkness itself is also an interesting concept but it is too often linked to cold which I don't care so much.
Candles however are lovely and luckily Aino and I had a whole cottage to ourselves so we could have as much darkness around us as we wanted.

The thing in this photo however is not just the candles. I am very intrigued to paint skin, though usually it would involve patterns rather than filled in areas. I am not a very good painter and this time I started to think that the black paint ruined everything by looking badly made, but in the end it worked just perfectly.

I'm also not too experienced with video or gifs but as I already started with candles and magic, I shall show you some true magic:

No comments:

Post a Comment