Sunday, 24 November 2013

lady red birch part II

When Magdaleena and I were shooting in the botanical gardens of Oulu university, we fist got photos that were beautiful and nice. They were okay. We then continued to another batch of the red birches, and by some magic unknown to me we started creating these shots below.
I don't know what happened, but the result totally amazed me. The light, the leaves and the branches suddenly started working perfectly, and the background too with the help of an umbrella. It wasn't easy as I had to work on manual focus but I am very pleased with the result. (I can't wait to shoot with Magda again!)
 
Often I feel uncomfortable when the photo shoot becomes successful due to some ambiguous factor that I have no idea of. I am of course happy that I got good photos, but I feel extremely unprofessional and powerless. The success feels like an accident.
I hope I will gain more skills to see what works and what doesn't simply by practise: shooting and evaluating my photos.
Of this set I prefer the two last ones, the 3rd photo for it's dynamics and the 4th at least for its successful editing (which is a terrible reason to like a photo, but I will not go any deeper into that this time) and the setting.
 



 
Even though these shots look rather autumnal, they were actually taken in the end of the summer. Today the nature took a whole new look again. To be honest I did feel quite cold when shooting for 2 hours.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment