Thursday, 9 May 2013

what can pieces of sausage do

Yesteday we took my friend's dogs with us to the scout meeting. Only one child came, which was a shame as he has dogs at home too. I took both my Canon EOS 500d and Petri film camera with me. It was a huge success. When I first tried the settings in the evening light with my Canon, it appeared that I had no memory card. I was pretty embarassed, but I could check the ISO and the aperture and all with no problem. I took a few photos of the dogs running and then I ran out of film. How is that possible? When we visited the White Horse Hill (= absolutely amazing scenery if nothing else) in England, I left my bag in the buss in purpose but left also my extra battery in my bag and surprisingly ran out of battery right at top of the hill where I had no access to my bag.
 
Now that I think about it these have been pretty gentle warnings. At White Horse Hill I only lost some nice photos from the top of the hill and some sheep, and yesterday I actually found one memory card that I had accidentally left in my camera bag. (I had taken all of my memory cards with me to England. For both space and to be able to swhich between them in London so that if my camera got stolen I wouldn't lose everyting.) It could have been worse and I just hope I learnt something.
 
Yesterday I also got to know the assignment for the arts diploma of our national high school curriculum. (I'm doing the IB and we couldn't choose art.) When reading the document I instantly got an idea about the power structure of people in a space and a photograph, but looking closer at the grading criteria I can't do it the way I planned. I still have plenty of time so no need for panic.

  
  
    
 
 
  


On Sunday I'll get to develop my film myself in the only darkroom in the city that I am allowed to use (or if anybody knows another one, please tell me) and they're going to turn it into a storage space. They'll start on Monday.

5 comments:

  1. There is always just a little need for panic.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really know what to say. You made me stop and think about what you said and why you said it. I don't think I ever got to an conclusion, but I know that I could never know if what you said is true for me. I've been panicing about schoolwork and other things for so long.

      Delete
  2. Cute dogs!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes they are! There are two fenced areas in the dog park, and there were dogs in the other side too. The four of them, my friend's dogs and the two others, raced along the fence running FAST.

      Delete
  3. Hello :)

    Your comment on my blog was quite interesting. I suppose it is hard to get a clear picture of what I am like as a person from the content of my blog, but I can assure you that is quite deliberate. I have no desire to promote my personality in any way. I agree wholeheartedly with what you say in your bio - I too would rather be defined by my work and thoughts. I do not really want to give people a 'clear picture of what I am like'. I hope this explains some things for you :)

    ReplyDelete